Here is a basic but fun project to try with your little ones. This is a great project for teaching about color, lines, shapes and textures. And the results are so pretty and unique. I found this project at http://kleas.typepad.com/kleas/2010/10/leaf-printing.html and http://rubsomedirtblog.com/2011/09/leaf-prints/
So here’s what you need:
- art tray or cookie sheet
Here’s what you do.
- collect different shape leaves
- Pour some paint on the art tray and smear it all around
- Paint your leaf or lay it in the paint. Be sure to paint the entire leaf so it is completely covered.
- Place the leaf on clean paper and place another sheet over the top of the leaf. Press firmly on the paper.
- Pull off the top paper and slowly pull off the leaf to reveal the leaf print