Potato Car Races
on your marks... get set... go.....
Here is a fun and entertaining craft for a big group of kids. Create your own Potato Car and have a Race off. I was asked to lead the "craft time" for a friend's child's birthday party... and this is what I came up with. Create your own Potato Cars and have a race off. The kids had a BLAST making and races their cars. And total cost... about 1$ - 2$ per car.
Here is what you need for your Car:
- A large potato - 1 per car
- Wooden wheels (found at Michaels craft store) - 4 for each car
- Dry wall Nails - 4 for each car
- Small craft beads - the wheels will not spin without it. - 4 for each car
- Popsicle sticks = 1 for each car
- Paint and paint brushes
- Paper plates
What you need for the Race Track
- Large piece of flexible white wood paneling
- Black and White Paint